barrandgirl

Tuesday, October 7

Project Central

I've had a good week of productivity that makes me feel like I'm more than just Mrs Milk Barr. As our friend Bruce says "Everyone needs a project" and he is right. I have a perpetual list in my diary of things I want to do. The minute AB is asleep I continue with one of my projects. The fact that he slept for a TOTAL of 1 hour during the day today cramped my style a little! Thanks to dad (the handyman), mum (the 24/7 babysitter) and MB (the long-suffering hubby and doting daddy) I got my creative fix with ticks in the 'finished' box for a bunch of stuff.














As first seen on barrandgirl in August 2005, this classic piece of furniture (above) was captured by me in a garage sale. The old store display was not for sale but he offered it to me for $50 and I said $40 and it was mine. It sat (halfway restored) on our verandah in Sydney until we moved to Perth. Thanks to the aforementioned Dad it is now finished and in our living room. Each display window is under construction. I'm choosing a different theme for each and it's going to be fab! There's a panel an in or so behind the glass so you can't see the mess in the drawer....perfect.

















MB gave me some old Sunday School trestles one year for Christmas and we use them for our everyday dining table. They were a bit rough so Dad sanded them back and gave them a lick of varnish. Voila. Tonight I resurrected a great pair of shoes (see below) that weren't EXACTLY the right shade of pink so I've tarted them up with a shade I invented with a mixture of colour. I'll be wearing them very soon.






















Then there was a quilt I have been making for Carmel for years. I collected vintage and expensive fabrics from op shops for a long time and, well, here is the finished product. It's reversible with a winter side and a summer side. It was going to be for a wedding present, then it became her 30th birthday gift and I gave it to her last week - her first child present!












































And then there is this beautiful little boy who needs to sit up at the table with the big people. NOT my idea but easy enough to rip off - so I did! A great travel chair that you can take to cafe or friends' place.






















And that's the end of my story for this week. I'd like to thank Dad, Mum and my boys for all their support.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Web Stats Analyzer