barrandgirl

Saturday, September 6

Twice In One Week

I don't like to brag but we enjoyed another night out on the town last night. Michael got an invite through work to attend the kick off of Perth Fashion Festival and I was quick to say 'yes please'. I feel out of my depth in these situations but not enough to stay home and wonder what it's all about.

We turned up and I helped myself to a funky cocktail with an orchid floating on the top. Michael felt more comfortable with a beer. The music was loud and near-impossible to talk over. We were offered delicious canapés and spent some time looking cool amongst an interesting crowd. We brushed shoulders with a platinum blond siren that appeared WAY overdressed even for a fashion event. Then there were the bare-chested male crowd controllers with feathered wings strapped to their backs. But even more eye catching was the guy standing behind me wearing his stonewash denim jeans and Kmart jumper. I don't mean to sound like a snob but cheap, oversized jumpers have their place at parties celebrating things other than artistic design in fashion.

The actual catwalk event was short and wowee. The lights, music and burlesque dancers mesmerised me but better than that was the grab bag of goodies to take home.

Following the show we were taken out for dinner and served the best Salt and Pepper Squid ever to pass my palette.

So that’s it. Don’t have another social outing booked for the rest of my life and happy to stay home for a while. Even though we had some curiosity satisfied and discovered a fantastic Chinese restaurant after the show, the whole night I was nervy and anxious to return to Angus. I love him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Web Stats Analyzer