barrandgirl

Sunday, October 5

Grace

I haven’t blogged recently but in short CAM’S CANCER HAS NOT RETURNED TO HIS STERNUM – IT WAS A BLOOD CLOT! So, let the remission continue.

The word ‘journey’ has enjoyed extreme popularity over the last couple of years as a way of describing our physical and emotional well-being. It doesn’t seem fitting to use this word as a descriptor of Cam’s cancer diagnosis and treatment…in fact ANY cancer diagnosis and treatment. It has been an emotional trek where at some points you heave your guts out in despair and other points you just sit and enjoy the view, forgetting the weight of the rucksack. The word ‘journey’ seems too bourgeois to describe the experience – much like talking about labour and childbirth as a “journey”.

Within our family exists a live-and-kicking faith which has a diversity of perspectives and expressions. We are believers who know there is more to process than SKG results and some notion of fate. At times we have received good medical results and have been so grateful that the trek wasn’t going up a cliff-face again. I’ve found myself explaining to others that “the stem cell infusion seems to have been effective” or “the cancerous mass is just a blood clot”.

I was reading some words in Galatians recently and one phrase has been bouncing around in my head ever since. It says “I do not set aside the grace of God…” I wondered whether I had ‘set aside’ the grace of God in favour of a medical explanation for some of Cam’s good news. At times I have forgotten the wonder it is to receive unmerited divine assistance and been satisfied with favourable results printed on the SKG report. I have ‘set aside’ the grace. So I say GOD HAS BEEN GRACIOUS AND THE TUMOUR IS A BLOOD CLOT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Web Stats Analyzer