barrandgirl

Friday, January 11

Undercover Bruver

Undercover Brother [pronounced: Bruver] is a movie that I had to watch with someone who thought it was hysterically funny....otherwise I'd find it hard to muster a giggle. It is funny, but it's better with a giggler. Well my bruver was a giggler in this movie so he will forever be Undercover Bruver to me.

Since July 2007 he and Libs have had contrasting results and opinions regarding Cam’s cancer. At one point the results said “unremarkable” with nothing more to talk about. Then there have been 2 other occasions like yesterday. Four lesions have now appeared on his bones and we now have a diagnosis that is more consistent with the increasing pain he’s been in of late. So again, we look toward the horizon at a long road ahead which involves chemo & a stem cell infusion to treat multiple myeloma.

I know he's not a bruver that got switched at the hospital because my resonance with his philosophies, theologies and perspectives is deep. "I know my God is able to save but even if he doesn't..." is one way of saying it. The western church in general could learn a lot about faith from Cam. He's not one to take a pat answer or subscribe to glib theology. He and Libs have endured enormous amounts of grief in the last year and have never become angry at the universe. They don't seem to believe that their journey should be blessed in a certain style. So, I too will take from His hand and be forever grateful for my life that is already blessed beyond what I deserve. There is no addendum to that. It was an abrupt revelation the day before Cam's cancer diagnosis in July that I read a passage titled "Jesus comforts his disciples" which then talks about the many rooms of heaven prepared for us. So much of our modern faith believes and trusts in comfort coming from alternative sources. I want to live a faith now that prays On Earth As It Is In Heaven and believes that this life is part...it's not the full.

God’s provision for us to be relocated to Perth is clearer as 2008 unfolds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Web Stats Analyzer