barrandgirl

Tuesday, December 18

I'll be West for Christmas

Well here we are Westside enjoying a few weeks in Perth for Christmas festivities. I've willingly offered my tummy for stroking or patting and I think I felt my first 'flutters' of baby wigglingly around last night. It's all novelty at this stage but I'm sure I'll be wanting to give it an inutero smack it if it ever keeps me awake in months to come.

We are staying with Cam and Libs so it's great to spend everyday time with them. This year has been massive for our families with big decisions, serious illnesses, pregnancies, retirements, house extensions, surgeries and just the issues that normal day-to-day living throw up at you. We made it to the end with more upheavals promised in 2008. In the light of all this, I'm still convinced that the promise to us is that we are children of God. My faith is not in a God who answers all the tearful prayers for what I want but in someone who gave me "a right" to be a child of His. This is more than enough. Let it be.

Every time we quietly eat dinner or enjoy a coffee in a funky cafe, we make note that our luxurious time of just-the-two-of-us is coming to an end and being replaced with something more unpredictable. We just take everyone's word for it that parenthood is the hardest yet most rewarding role we'll do. I'm up for the challenge although I'd be happy if labour was extracted from the contract.

Well, if we don't see eachother between now and then, Happy Christmas to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Web Stats Analyzer