barrandgirl

Monday, July 18

Weekendathon

My Saturday morning sleep-in was as sweet as can be. In my independent do-whatever-i-please-days the weekend slumber, including the Sunday arvo snooze, were my happiest memories. It's not like M forces me to wake up. I could never out-sleep the time he spends reading the delivered paper. We've got the routine well styled now. Saturday is for op shopping so I drive and he reads. The diversions take us where ever those cardboard signs (nail to the telephone pole) take us. It is one of my all-time pet hates when people have a garage sale and don't take down their signage straight after the event. When I progress to op shops and markets, he finds a cafe and reads.

So this week I achieve some form of recycling by taking a bag of much-loved items to the Salvation Army. They are still much-loved but the size of the house must dictate the size of my collections. No longer do I live in a city that has dad's garage. I'm a compulsive collector. Definately the purchase of the week was a hand crocheted mohair cardy for $1. Earlier this year I scoured op shops for any white, vintage, cotton fabric and cut up many a lacey blouse and turn of the century serviette. The result will soon be a white patchworked quilt for our slumbering pleasure. As soon as I've finished that project I'm onto the winter version - chocolate velvets and rich brocades. Sitting at a computer for 10 1/2 hours a day I need to compensate for the lack of creativity and movement.

Another week, more morning alarm clocks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Web Stats Analyzer