barrandgirl

Tuesday, July 5

Airport antics

When we flew to Melbourne last week we were standing at the airport and the buses were pulling up to the kerb with admirable precision - just missing awnings and gutters and signage. I'm always fascinated by their spatial functionality. If I ever get cancer I will request to drive a massive bus or truck as my Make a Wish. Well, this particular bus certainly made an impression because at 3am I was dreaming about it however in my dream the driver wasn't as skilled and so I had to rapidly jump back from the kerb to miss being swiped. The dream was so vivid I woke up mid-air just before landing on the floor of the bedroom a little distance from the bed. Michael woke up and asked if I was alright. I wasn't sure if I was after dodging buses and suffering metre falls but I just wimpered and said "I think so". It was much funnier for me in the morning and M didn't dare giggle in the wee small hours.

On the way home we were waiting in the airport lounge debriefing our time at the Forge conference (more on that later). Michael was deep in philosophical conversation and was stopped mid sentence by the sight of a woman across the way wearing a designer jacket in aqua and olive combinations of pressed felt...."Look at that jacket Rach - do you like that?". And at that point I knew that my influence over the last 8 months was complete. The fashion imbecile has pushed through the tape at the finish line with arms in the air victoriously. He's done me proud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Web Stats Analyzer