barrandgirl

Thursday, June 23

Superwoman loses her crown

I had a dog of a day yesterday. Everything I touched turned to disaster. I was catering for a function at work and out of 4 dozen mini-brownies, only 8 of them didn't stick into the very well greased muffin tray. I'm not used to working at 16% success with food ventures. I had 10 minutes to make a tablecloth for the same function and managed it in 5 minutes from beginning to end...then noticed I had hemmed half of it in one direction and then the other half facing the other way. Got it 50% right. Then had 20 minutes to sew inserts for the baskets of food. First attempt was pretty average, so I kept going and the longer I kept going the more disasterous they looked. Success rate: 5%. I don't put anything on show at 5% - they got ditched. At work I kept forgetting things and repeating tasks I'd forgotten I'd already done which ended in a me saying an expletive at the same time my boss finished his conversation with 2 colleagues behind me. They gave me a look that confirmed I was the first person to use that word in the Uniting Church Board of Mission...ever. Secretly I think they appreciated my honesty. On top of all that, I got banned from using the colour printer on our floor. They have their reasons - mainly good - but it just means the 20 page colour reports I had to produce yesterday for 12 people can't be printed for less than $240 at Worldwide printing. The latest negotiation involves my own employer charging me $200 (discounted rate) to produce work which they have asked me to complete ... but not using their hardware. Go figure. Sometimes I just want to go work in a multi-national corporate!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Web Stats Analyzer