barrandgirl

Thursday, May 26

Birthday Festival

You can only read this if you promise not to get jealous. We've just had a luxurious 'cuppula daze' up in the Blue Mountains. No photos because we forget the Barr Cam but you'll get the picture....

Thursday was my birthday (thanks for all the cards and presents) and Friday was Michael's. He's a lot older than me but just so he doesn't feel the difference he calls me "Handbrake" because apparently I hold him back from doing all the things he wants to do. That's obviously a joke and not to be taken seriously. So every year from now on we'll have a birthday festival that lasts days and days. Acutally he's only 2 years older.

After work on Friday night we drove up to the Blue Mountains. Stayed in Blackheath which is a beautiful little 'village' awash with autumn colour, northern hemisphere style. We had a glam century-old B&B with a log fire and spa and enclosed veradah and parlour in amongst some gorgeous gardens. I took may sewing machine and made a few designer creations. I've had lots of comments (understandably) and many more to come I hope. M read the papers and watched the footy eating pies. Chuck in a few bottles of red and some cheese and pate and it was a luxurious weekend for both of us.

I can't believe the short amount of time it's taken to convert him to the ways of Harris. On Saturday morning he drove me around the region in search of anything that said "sale", "bric-a-brac", "garage sale", "op" or "haberdashery".

We visited some botanic gardens that had a wedding party happening. He was teasing me with the suggestion that there were some high profile celebs at this wedding. I was frantically scanning faces with no positive sightings. He non-commitally claimed he was right "I'm pretty sure I spotted Peter Andre in the crowd". Oh please!

Anyway, sleeping in 'til 9.30am for two mornings in a row didn't seem wrong at the time but on Monday morning at 5:45am there wasn't a happy Rachel to be found. This week 'we' have been duplicating a DVD I edited onto 30 videos which means I'm setting the alarm for every two hours during the night to get through the stack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Web Stats Analyzer