barrandgirl

Sunday, June 8

Lessons in Life




One of the lessons I want to teach Angus is to "never give up". We may not be the most talented and things may not always go our way but I think it is important that we learn resilience and a determination to stick at worthwhile tasks even when things aren't quite going to plan. I thought I would wait a little longer than 1 month until I demonstrated this to Angus.


Anyway....


Angus and I sat down on Saturday night to watch his first game of football - none other than Sydney Swans v West Coast Eagles. I thought it was important that he learned early about the evils of blue and gold.


Initially it wasn't looking so good. Sydney were playing poorly and well frankly Angus wasn't really interested. But in true Sydney style slowly the game turned culminating in a 5 point win in the last minute of the game - the first time Sydney were in front for the whole night. The silence at Subiaco would have been deafening. Angus was transfixed on the TV and speechless (well he is only 1 month old)


Did I mention that I am really enjoying living in Perth at the moment?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Web Stats Analyzer