barrandgirl

Sunday, May 18

A Tribute

As many of you will know tomorrow the 19th is Rachel’s birthday. This day in 1971 she was in a position not too dissimilar to where Angus is today.

For us as new parents you always wonder how you will go being a parent. Will we be able to cope with labour, the learning curve, the sleepless nights….

I have been in awe of the way Rachel has adapted to parenthood. She is truly amazing. She is relaxed and loving, constantly giving and seems to have a confidence in her new role as mother which I have to be truthful I had not expected. In so many ways I thought we would just bumble through this together and resurface some time in 3 months to say hello to everyone and continue on our way. The sensitive and relatively non maternal artist has revealed a resolve and a maternal instinct of which I am in full admiration.

I can honestly say that I don’t think I could have done this parenthood thing without her (and I don’t mean that in the pure biological sense). The parenthood thing has also given me a new appreciation for our parents, and single parents who do this with their partner either absent or away for long periods. Hats off to you all.. Any way back to Rachel….

Many of you will only nod in knowing agreement at this post. Rachel has long demonstrated that she is so capable in everything she turns her hand to. She has the greatest capacity in the midst of everything to still be aware of the needs of other people beside me and Angus and I think that says so much about who she is as a person. She is the love of my life and I hope you will join me in wishing her a very happy birthday – her first a as a superwoman and now also as a mother.

Mike

A contribution from Angus – “Gurgle, Gurgle, Grunt, snort. I love my mum. I have nicknamed her “Milk Barr”. Gurgle, grunt, yawn, snort”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Web Stats Analyzer