barrandgirl

Monday, March 10

Still here

We will have to wait until the end of the week until our phone/internet connection is established at our new digs. Until then I'll continue to feel a bit disconnected to the virtual world. Here's an update on us....

Our time in the serviced apartment was not as fun as I thought. It was small with not much to distract you except the tv and pool...of which of got my money's worth. There is a degree of novelty in being able to watch TV from the bed, shower and toilet. I embraced it all.

The container from Sydney arrived last Tuesday - 6 sleeps ago. Two boys unloaded every box and piece of furniture into the various rooms and then a team of unpackers came and put everything in drawers and on shelves. They were hindered by the fact there is no built-in storage in the house but over the week we have been inventive with how things are stored.

I am getting fatter by the day and so even though I had the luxury of unpackers the sorting of all my junk has been tedious. I do a little bit a then sit down and watch some daytime television to recover. Then I go back to do a little bit more. You can call it nesting but it would be more satisfying if I could pick things up off the floor!

The house is fabulous with a guest room with ensuite already made up for whoever wants it. The nursery is being neglected until I've culled more of my collectables. There are some trunks I had full the same memorabilia since high school. This afternoon I decided that I no longer need to create a monument of my own life so tonight a lot of my life is in boxes for the roadside connection. I'm not grieving at all. I'm going to be introduced to another life in a month or two so a new collection will start without even trying.

That's all for now. Pictures to follow of this barefooted chic who is increasingly let it all go in favour of comfort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Web Stats Analyzer