barrandgirl

Friday, January 25

Tell her she's dreamin'


Cricket is now a vital component of my entertainment schedule and vernacular. It's only an interest as old as my relationship with Michael. In conversation I like to drop phrases like 'reverse swing' to confirm I listen and learn off cricket commentators. I've invented my own signature reaction to Michael Clarke when he stuffs up and it usually goes something like 'he really Bingled that one' or 'Oh! Michael Bingle'. This just confirms I know his game on and off the field as he dates Lara Bingle - more famous for saying "Where the bloody hell are you?" than dating an international sports star.
Part of this pregnancy deal is vivid dreaming. My dreaming capacity is quite developed even when not incubating so now I'm working extra hard all night on new stories. So, a few nights ago Michael Clarke came into Gloria Jean's. I went to the register to serve him and he asked for "One macchiato for everyone on the team". I was so flustered and under pressure to remember how many that acutally was and in haste asked "Is that 13? No, No! I know it's not 13. Do you want one for the 12th man as well?" Luckily I recovered myself before he could make fun of me. So, I processed his order and in true Gloria Jean's habit I robotically asked if I could take his name for the order. His reply embarrassed me - "Don't you know who I am?" Yes! I did know who he was. I went away to make 12 macchiatos but no one on staff would help me and so it just took a very, very long time to finish his order. I woke up tossing and turning and groaning. Michael gave me a pat and asked if everything was alright. "I just made the Australia Cricket Team macchiatos and it took a long time". Yes dear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Web Stats Analyzer