barrandgirl

Monday, July 25

Tiramisu, I love you

Another weekend over and out. Friday's highlight was a dinner of steak with melted blue vein cheese and walnut garnishes. It was delicious. And who can turn down really, really crispy roasted potatoes? Mmmm. My calves are still tender after helping bro/sis in law move house - they used to live at the top of 58 stairs. Of course a few garage sales got visited on Saturday and about 4 loads of washing so nothing unusual there. Saturday night our friends Mike and Kate Wheatley & kids visited for dinner. We drank red wine and I made gourmet pizzas and tiramisu. Sunday was the state v state showdown as the Swans played the Eagles at the SGC. Only in Sydney does it take just as long to get to and from the game as it does to watch it. That makes me really narky. I don't want to sit in traffic for 2.5 hours on a Sunday....I really don't.

Last night I knew the world was stuffed. Sometimes you don't feel this and other times you don't see anything but stuffed. The news was one ridiculous story after another of incredible pain or tragedy for someone or some country. I'm sick of it...London, Iraq, Egypt, the receptionist at work, members of my family, the guy they interviewed on 60 minutes. I'm sick of being surrounded by people who are in intense pain, or want to cause pain in me. (Michael, I'm not talking about you in case you were wondering.)

My latest obsession is a new cd with this song, part of it goes...

"You give and take away
[but] My heart will choose to say
'Blessed be the name of the Lord'" (matt redman)

Really and truly? I hope so but it's not something you want to clap along to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Web Stats Analyzer