barrandgirl

Tuesday, April 7

The Wonders of Photoshop


I am very appreciative for my new, base-level, Photoshop skills especially after the weekend wedding experience. I got a bit flustered on the day with 30 minutes to take photos in low light as the sun was setting. Anyway, enough of the excuses.

I had my last Photoshop class last Thursday. As in most Adult Education courses involving computers you get a wide, wide range of skills. Funnily enough the grandparents in the class outnumbered the youngens (I'm young) and frustrated me a little in how basic their computer literacy was. Here's an example of an exchange between a deaf tutor and one of the deaf class members;

Tutor: "Hold down the Shift key and click on the icon...."
Mature, mature age student: "What?! What did you say?"
Tutor: "What? Oh, Hold down the Shift key and click on the icon..."
Repeat the above lines 3 times...
Mature, mature age student: "I can find the Shift key but I can't find the Hold Down key..."

Anyway, on the last night things were moving painfully slow and I texted Michael telling him I'd be home early. Fortunately for me I stayed because the last tutorial was the application that makes boobs bigger and waists smaller with the click of a button. I now am convinced more than ever that every single picture you see printed in a magazine is a lie. Our whole world is augmented.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Web Stats Analyzer