barrandgirl

Monday, May 22

Turning 35!!

As you would all be aware, my birthday was on the 19th May. It was planned to be a normal day in the history of Fridays at Gloria Jean's....but...the night before changed everything. My buddy and co-manager Amanda came around in the evening on Thursday night. She handed me 4 envelopes with cards inside.

Envelope 1 read: "No one should have to go to work on their birthday so you are having the day off". At this point I was so excited I started to cry.

Envelope 2 read: "No one should spend their birthday on their own so Michael is taking the day off too". More crying.

Envelope 3 read: "At 11am you and M are booked into a day spa to have a Pamper Session". Mascara spreading over cheeks.

Envelope 4 read: "At 12.30 there is a table booked for you at the Swell Bar on Bronte Beach". I have never been so happy.

It was SUCH a nice day to spend unhurried time with the boy and be absolutely treated beyond my imagination.

She also slipped in a $10 note and set me on an op shop challenge - how many items for this amount?

M and I had a great day, finished off by dinner with Rob Cain and then starting all over again the next morning when Michael turned 37.

Thanks Amanda and Greig. You are beautiful people with an ability to love people in their language! Blessed am I.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Web Stats Analyzer