barrandgirl

Tuesday, January 24

Spur Steak (and Ribs) Ranch

Last week we accomplished one of my long term goals. On Thursday night we ate at Spur Steak Ranch a few suburbs up the road. If you are saying this out loud, you need to pronounce Spur with your teeth clenched a more like "Schpur" with a touch of Texas twang. I don't know why it became such a icon in my head but kids do eat free on Monday and Tuesday nights.

We were greeted at the door and the waitress asked if we wanted a window seat. That's funny because it overlooked a really average intersection on Australia's Busiest Road...Victoria Road.

I couldn't go past the Cheddamelt on the menu. A well-done steak (even though I asked for medium rare) with a slice of chedder - you guessed it - melted over the top.

Enough on that. We had a nice weekend down in the country. It was a Barr family tradition to gather at the Mittagong pool for a big relative shindig. The ritual ended in 1987 and someone thought 2006 was a good time to revive it. It was a nice day. Matt, Sarah and us stayed down there at the pub in 'first class' accommodation. It was more like first star but that was the charm of it.

I'm in project mode at the moment. I've got some restoration projects (more roadside furniture I couldn't leave alone) and some sewing projects. I've made a deal with M that any furniture ie. an art deco lounge suit that I find on the side of the road during collection, MUST go back on the side of the road collection in 6 months if I've not begun the restoration process.

Deal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Web Stats Analyzer