barrandgirl

Sunday, June 27

Caversham Wildlife Park

These photos are a few weeks old now but we had a great afternoon at Caversham Wildlife Park courtesy of Aunty Libby.  It was heaps of fun and a rare outing where Angus and Mummy were adventurous partners while Daddy and Jemmy cuddled.  Angus became bolder as the time went on to get close and pat the animals.  He also loved the ride-on-coin-operated car at the gift shop.  He is lovely.  I think I'll mark the 24th of June on the calendar as the day he decided to start talking.  Up until Thursday he was using single words hesitantly but that all changed this week.  He started stringing words together and I counted 10 new words I hadn't heard him say before.  Good boy!  With it came a new confident in jumping on the couch, climbing on furniture and cooking new recipes.  It was no coincidence he used the word 'lick' while we were cooking our daily batch of biscuits.  His behaviour also has become slightly more compliant as he realises we can communicate with each other with words.  Sometimes he gets excited and tells you a fantastically animated story with his face 10cm from my face, both hands on my shoulder and throwing his head backwards in shrieking laughter at the end of the joke.  I don't need a punchline to laugh back at him. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Web Stats Analyzer