barrandgirl

Saturday, November 29

Bad Hair Day

I'm not the kinda girl who considers a haircut fits in the 'essential' column of our budget. I had my annual visit in May and any other trim has happened with the craft scissors whenever bits got too long and frustrating. I was reluctant to go to a new hairdresser this morning except we were having a family photo shoot and I wanted to have someone else take responsibility for my grooming!

He was under strict instructions to be finished by 10am and I got outa there at 10:30am looking like I'd done it myself but 80-something dollars poorer. Argh!

Two reasons I have issues with the hairdressing fraternity;
1. Products. I overheard the manager telling a customer about a new 'sea salt spray' for 20-something dollars that "makes your hair look like you've just been to the beach". You need a product for that look?

2. Listening skills. I had explained to my scissorhand friend that "I really want it to look...." and before I got to the important part of the sentence he stopped me talking with the palm of his hand in my face. "I know exactly what you're looking for. Don't worry I understand."

He thought he had finished the cut but I disagreed since I could still see my own crafty scissor work on my uneven fringe.

There's more to groan about but I'll leave you with one last picture....Michael with the craft scissors this afternoon cutting off a rats tail the professional accidently left behind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Web Stats Analyzer