barrandgirl

Monday, January 30

Two dorrar shops

At the risk of appearing like a power blogger (many entries in few days) I am at it again. I wish you could've been there last week when I shopped at one of my frequent outlets. It's one of those super-sized $2 dollar shops where everything is an absolute bargain and a must-have. There's a big one in Sydney just outside the Town Hall station. The activity that occurs around this corner is unbelievable. As I was browsing for Australia Day paraphernalia I was noticing others in the shop. An Asian tourist buying Aussie souvenirs wearing an "Italia" t-shirt. Her friend with diamonds as big as her mobile phone. I noticed a black African man talking with a new found friend. He started a conversation with her after noticing 4 pairs of bra’s in her shopping basket. She swore by them – at $6 a “set” you can’t go wrong. Her only advice was that he “buy a size bigger than what she normally wears because they are small sizes”. Something helpful for all the 20 customers who were crowded around. I got into the long line to pay for my koala coasters and plastic flags and the girl behind the till tallied up the items in her head and announced the total with fingers. I had 4 held up to me and a timid ‘four’ whispered through a Nordic accent. As I left and crossed the road there were a couple of American missionaries working the crowd. I thought I was free when the man turned green and I could cross over. Not so. I could here indistinct language projecting out of a megaphone similar to what we used to use at Primary School sports’ days. I heard enough “* ***….*..*..repentan**…**…*……..Go*……****…* ***lvation…**” to know this guy had a very different view to sharing his life with others than I did. Sydney's a crazy town but this whole experience only cost me $4 and some really good advice about lingerie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Web Stats Analyzer