barrandgirl

Tuesday, October 25

That's funny

I was sitting in Martin place (read: Hay St Mall or any busy plaza near where you live) the other day eating my sushi for lunch. There was a bloke sitting next to me on the steps and some girls on a bench nearby. A over-confident guy approached my step-sitting colleague with the line "Got two bucks mate?" to which he received no desireable response. He walked a step in my direction "Got two bucks mate?" and I was already shaking my head before he finished the sentence. Without confidence waning he approached the three girls on the bench individually with the same line. Each time he bounced off without seemingly caring if his question was answered. He wandered to the middle of the plaza and occasionally tried the question on anyone who walked within earshot.

About 3 minutes later the guy on the step next to me had his newspaper reading disturbed again with a question "Got any change?". This new begger looked stereotypically like you would expect in any international capital city. Amusingly he did the rounds of the same benchsitters with a similar question to #1. With no luck he moved to the centre of the plaza where he noticed our first friend standing alone, "'scuse me, got any change?". There was a ironic moment there where they both looked into eachothers eyes without flinching until #1 said "nup" and #2 walked off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Web Stats Analyzer