barrandgirl

Wednesday, February 16

It was never a formula

I've told Michael about my other love. I have nothing to hide. I have very little guilt. His name is Don Miller and the author of Blue Like Jazz. If I was someone (beginning with O) it would definately get a gold sticker on the cover and I'd talk about it on my afternoon chat show. I just picked up a copy of his new book called "Searching for God Knows What" and I'm in love all over again. He writes down like my heart thinks.

He talks about the essence of Christianity.....the difference between the "ideas and the narrative" of the gospel. We print tracts and evangelise around language like 'we are sinners', 'sin separates us' and 'Christ died to absolve the gap'. These are the Truthful ideas of the gospel. Don Miller argues that Scripture doesn't talk in this non-relational, propositional style and that we've lost the communication of mystery and romance in the person of Christ. We've even got evangelistic tools that almost bypass a mention of Him as someone to engage with. Anyway, just read the book, especially chapter 10.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Web Stats Analyzer